Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
Yield 6 servings
All the flavors of a taco in an easy pasta dish that the whole family will love. It’s so easy, even the pasta gets cooked right in the pot!
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 cup canned corn kernels, drained
- 1/2 cup canned black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can (4.5-ounce) Old El Paso™ chopped green chiles, drained
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup Old El Paso™ mild taco sauce
- 1 cup salsa
- 2 cups elbow macaroni
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- Heat olive oil in a large stockpot or Dutch oven over medium high heat. Add ground beef, onion and garlic, and cook until beef has browned, about 3-5 minutes, making sure to crumble the beef as it cooks; season with salt and pepper, to taste. Drain excess fat.
- Stir in corn, black beans and green chiles until well combined. Stir in tomatoes, taco sauce, salsa, pasta and 2 cups water. Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat and simmer until pasta is cooked through, about 13-16 minutes.
- Remove from heat and top with cheese. Cover until cheese has melted, about 2 minutes. Stir in cilantro.
- Serve immediately.